Whole Wheat Flour Halva/Sheera
Learn how to make Sheera/Halva with wheat flour in 7 minutes and serve it hot. Bhajiya/flitters/pakora with sheera will add more flavour in your lunch. I had introduce solid food for my daughter (when she was 10 months old) with this healthy sheera.
- ½ cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 2 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- ½ cup jaggery pieces (gud)
- 1 cup water
- ½ tbsp cardamom powder and roasted cashews or almonds (optional)
Method to make instant healthy sheera:
- In a pan add water then add a half cup of Jaggery and let it boil for 2-3 minutes. So jaggery will melt nicely.
- Meanwhile heat a pan, add ghee and atta (whole wheat flour)
- Cook for 3 minutes until it turns light brown and releases nice aroma.
- Add the boiled jaggery water and stir continuously for 2 minutes and then turn off the burner when it forms a circular shape.
- Add Cardamom powder, Sliced roasted cashews or almonds for garnishing (Optional but livens up the taste). If you are preparing for baby then don’t garnish.
- Best served when hot. Serve it in a bowl or a designer different moulds (cupcake moulds, tart etc)