Gobi (Cauliflower) Manchurian Recipe
Ingredients for Cauliflower Manchurian:
1 cup all purpose flour or Maida
- ½ cup Corn starch flour
- Salt (as per your taste)
- Ajjinomoto (pinch)
- ¾ tbsp Black pepper
- ¾ tbsp Turmeric powder ( Haldi)
- 2 tbsp ginger paste or minced ginger
- 2 tbsp garlic paste or minced garlic
- 1 cup cut green onions
- 1 cup sliced or square cut green Capsicum
- 1 cauliflower and cut in florets and clean it with warm salted water
- 5 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp Soya sauce
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Hot chili sauce ( as per your taste) I am using Sriracha Hot Chili sauce and it is available at Wal-mart, Chinese-Korean or any Indian grocery shop.
- Oil for deep fry and 2 tbsp of oil for making Manchurian Sauce
How to Make Gobi Manchurian?/Directions:
- Mix maida (all purpose flour), Corn starch, Salt, Black pepper and Haldi. Add little warm water to make a thick paste.
- Dip the gobi florets in the pasand deep fry till golden brown. Drain excess oil in the paper towel. This part is little different in the non fry version.
- Take another pan, heat 2 tbsp oil and add chopped onion, capsicum, ginger-garlic paste, ajjinomoto and salt to taste and mix it well. Sauté for two-three minutes.
- Now add Soya sauce, vinegar, tomato sauce and hot chili sauce to it. Mix it well and add 3 tbsp hot water.
- Add cool fried gobi and mix well.
Non-fry Version of Gobi Manchurian:
Mix maida (all purpose flour), Corn starch, Salt, Black pepper and Haldi in a bowl and add cauliflower florets. Now toss the bowl so all florets will be well coated. Set aside for 15-20 minutes.
In a pan, heat the oil and shallow fry the florets till they turn golden brown on the tips.
Now follow step 3 to step 5 of regular version to make Manchurian sauce.
How to make Gravy gobi Manchurian:
To eat with Fried rice, instead of making dry gobi Manchurian, gravy one will be more delicious.
To make gravy, mix 1 tbsp of corn starch powder in 1 cup of hot water( as per your quantity of gobi manchurian). After completion of five steps, add this mixture to Dry gobi manchurian and stir for a minute.
Isn’t it easy and simple? So try this delicious dish at home. Your comments are always welcome.