Sweet Tamarind Chutney
Basically sweet tamarind chutney or sweet sauce can be served with all chaats such as Pani Puri, Aloo Bonda (Batata Vada), Bhel, Ragda Patties, Papdi chaat, Samosa etc. I always keep this chutney in my freeze for the instant use because chaat , Indian Fast Food dishes are my all time favorite snacks.
- 24 oz Apple Cinnamon Sauce (3 cups)
- 2 tbsp tamarind concentrate (Paste)to taste
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Black salt (Sanchad or kala namak)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin-coriander powder (Dhana-jeera powder)
- 2 tbsp water
Add all spices to your taste.
Method for preparing Instant Sweet Tamarind Chutney-Chaat Chutney:
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and stir it properly.
- Microwave it for 3 minutes.
- Keep it at room temperature for some time so sugar will be dissolved properly.
- Keep chutney texture thick and store in refrigerator. I add more water according to the chaat recipes