Instant shrikhand recipe
My friends love this dessert recipe and they can’t believe that it is made out of Sour cream. I think it will help you when you want to make any instant dessert with lots of variations. Well, let me introduce “Shrikhand”..Shrikhand is a sweet, flavored Indian yogurt with fruits or Saffron, nuts or Mangochunks/pulp.
Ingredients for Shrikhand:
- 2 cups sour cream (16 oz) (I have used Daisy Light Sour Cream)
- 1 cup cool whip cream(to taste)
- 2 cup sugar (to your taste)
- 10-15 saffron strings soaked in 2 tbsp warm water (Kesar)-Optional
- 1 tsp cardamom powder (elaichi)
- Fruit chunks and nuts are optional
Preparation for Shrikhand:
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and mix it for 2-3 minutes. Garnish with nuts,, refrigerate it and you are done. Isn’t it easy? Serve chilled shrikhand with Puri..Yummm!!