Tiramisu Ladyfingers Biscuit
Both of them weren’t available in the grocery store. So I’ve decided to make lady finger biscuit at home and I will use substitute to make mascarpone cheese as well.
Ingredients for Ladyfinger Biscuits:
1) 1 cup all purpose flour (Maida)
2) ½ cup sugar
3) ½ cup unsalted butter (1 rectangle 8 oz cube out of 4)
4) ½ tsp salt (to your taste)
5) ¼ tsp Baking soda
6) Optional: ½ tsp cardamom powder (elaichi) and saffron strands soaked in 2 tbsp of warm milk
Mehtod to make Ladyfinger biscuits:
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients. Butter should be at room temperature but not completely melted. Kneed the dough for 5 minutes.
- Keep dough in a Ziploc bag for ½ an hour.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven at 350 Degrees F
- Make small size of balls and give cylindrical/rectangle shape with your palm as shown in the image and put it in a greased backing tray. Keep distance between cylindrical biscuits because they will be raised upon the baking.
- Now place cookie tray in an oven for 25 minutes.
- Let it cool down on a rack, in a picture, you can see I’ve used my conventional oven rack.
- Store in an airtight container and use while making Tiramisu cake or eat with tea/coffee.