You can put this vada in a Pav(Bread loaf) with Garlic chutney in it and it will become a World famous mumbai’s “VadaPav”. It is a very easy to make with your desired variations of Potato stuffing. Make boiled potato ready to cook faster.
Stuffing Ingredients for Batata vada
- 2 peeled and mashed boiled potato
- 1 Onion- finally chopped
- 1 tbsp Garlic-green chilies paste:-according to your taste
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp turmeric (Haldi)
- 1 tbsp finally chopped coriander leaves
- A pinch of Hing (Asafetida)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil for Tadka/Vaghar
- 1 tsp Garam Masala (Badshah/MDH etc)
- 1 tsp lemon juice or 1 tsp Amchur powder (Dry Mango Powder)
- 1 tbsp sugar
Frying Batata vada/Aloo Bonda
- Heat deep frying oil in a pan
- Deep potato stuffed balls into the batter .
- Deep fry it until it turns dark yellow/golden brown.
- You can add 6-7 balls at a time according to your pan size.
Bingo! You are done
Batatavada/Aloo bonda/vada for Vadapav is ready. Serve with green chutney or sweet chutney or tomato sauce.